Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vapor Trails


"Pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment of human affairs."  -- Albert Einstein

Albert was right.  There is a certain meter to smoking a pipe, to fall into the slow rhythm of draw and exhale, to watch the smoke unfurl in the breeze. It makes a man thoughtful. There is a reason writers and artists smoke pipes. It helps to slow down and organize one's thoughts. The act of smoking a pipe is like a mantra, nothing more is needed than a pipe full of your favorite blend and a cool breeze on a Fall day to put one into a meditative state.

My prized possession is the Peterson Dingle with the bulldog shape I was given as a gift long ago. I think if my house were on fire it is the thing I'd brave the flames to retrieve. It has perfect balance, smokes well and is beautiful in its shape and form. It fits perfectly in my hand. I've spent many a happy hour with this pipe as a companion. Ah, I do love it so.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I encourage you to leave a comment. I value your feedback.